About the Club
Indian Harbor Yacht Club
710 Steamboat Rd
Greenwich, CT 06830
|Age of Club
||Number of Members
||Average Age of Members
|Gross Dollar Volume
||Annual Dues Volume
||Annual Food Sales
||Annual Beverage Sales
Special Club Features
Where members, family and guests come to enjoy the water and the company of friends
Founded in 1889, Indian Harbor Yacht Club has a distinguished history of yacht racing and boating. Located in Captain Harbor on western Long Island Sound in Greenwich CT, the club provides members and guests an ideal setting for year-round enjoyment. Whether racer or cruiser, sailor or powerboater, blue water enthusiast or coastal cruiser, Indian Harbor is the perfect family-friendly place to relax, have fun, compete and build friendships.
Club is open
days per week,
months per year.
About the Job
Food and Beverage Manager
Brief Job Description
The Food & Beverage Manager/Dining Room Manager is a hospitality professional who is responsible for overseeing the FOH restaurant operations & acting as a liaison with BOH. This position is charged with leading & motivating their team to ensure the highest quality of service for the membership & their guests. Strong knowledge of Food & Beverage with a focus on A La Carte & Banquet dining/events.
Must be able to work autonomously as well as being a team leader.
Essential Job Functions:
• Oversee dining room operations during set up, breakdown & dining service hours.
• Responsible for training & development of the wait staff through the policies & procedures set forth in training manual
• Responsible for floor plan design & menu item entry into software; knowledge of POS
• Lead each shift by ensuring team members are prepared for their shift by delegation & assignment of specific duties & tasks.
• Understand wait staff positions well enough to perform those duties in their absence.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; mobility required during shift
• Ability to plan, execute & oversee Banquet events
• Ability to communicate efficiently & affectively to keep all team members informed as well as the Director of F&B
• Proven strong leadership skills
• Operationally a decisive, critical thinker
• Provides guidance & direction to subordinates, including setting performance & service standards
• Enthusiastic & professional attitude must be displayed at all times
• Excellent guest services required
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends & holidays
• Reliability is paramount
• Ability to work long hours & stand for long periods of time
• Experience in a country club setting or high-end dining preferable
• Knowledge of Jonas software a plus
Salary is commensurate with experience. For consideration, please send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Position Available
Indian Harbor Yacht Club offers a complete benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401k plan.
To apply, contact: