About the Club
The Club at Strawberry Creek
14810 72nd St
Kenosha, WI 53142
|Age of Club
||Number of Members
||Average Age of Members
|Gross Dollar Volume
||Annual Dues Volume
||Annual Food Sales
||Annual Beverage Sales
- Formal Dining Room
- Member's Grill
- Outdoor Dining
Club is open
days per week,
months per year.
About the Job
Dining Room Supervisor
Brief Job Description
Supervise and oversee Clubhouse Grill, Patio, and Simulator Lounge during service. Must communicate effectively with the kitchen staff, upper management, and service staff. Involves oversight of all servers to ensure they are using proper service techniques, are knowledgeable on food and bar products, work as a team to complete all tasks and side work. Assists in training of personnel, as well as motivating, hiring and discipline. This position oversees the seating of the dining room, greeting the members and guests, and places a large focus on the Club’s offerings, sales and education, to improve the overall enjoyment by the members. In addition, this position will focus on administrative assistance in the creation and completion of various Food and Beverage projects that are necessary to maintain consistency in systems, training and education of staff, and organization of supplies and resources.
Servers and Bartenders of the Clubhouse Grill, Patio, and Simulator Lounge and assist where needed or directed by the Food and Beverage Director.
- Ensures that dining room, patio, and lounge are set properly at the beginning of dinner service.
- Ensures that service staff is properly dressed in full uniform, they are well groomed, they have a name badge on, and they have a positive attitude.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all food and bar menu items and methods of preparation.
- Holds staff meetings to inform all staff of daily features and other pertinent information.
- Ensures that ala carte service personnel complete all assigned side work and that they always keep service areas neat and clean.
- Assists with greeting and seating guests as they arrive, supplying them with menus and wine lists.
- Visits tables to ensure that food and service are exceptional.
- Manages reservations and coordinates special arrangements when necessary.
- Inspects all work areas upon completion of shifts to ensure that everything has been returned to its proper place.
- Ensures that the members are presented with all bar products available and participates in their selection.
- Ensures maximum efficiency at minimum labor cost.
- Assists in service staff evaluations, to be presented to the Food & Beverage Managers, annually.
- Responsible for checking food and beverage checks for accuracy (name, number, etc.) prior to servers turning all checks into Accounting Department after each shift.
- Check dinner menus and bar menus and arranges to get more if necessary.
- Checks all lighting, music and sets accordingly for upcoming shifts.
- Does perimeter check periodically to ensure the area around the patio is clean, music is playing, and tables are properly set.
- Assists service staff in any way possible, watering and clearing tables when necessary.
- Involved in implementation of special promotional and holiday programs.
- Assists in all bar and dining room product development, promotion, sales and quality.
- Suggests and describes various appetizers, entrees, desserts, alcoholic beverages to members and guests.
- Ensures Dining Room, Lounge and patio are stocked with supplies and neat in appearance.
- Meets with Chef before each meal to discuss current menu and informs the servers before the meal service begins.
- Assigns tables during dinner service and special events, verifies patron counts, and forwards concerns to the Food and Beverage Director.
- Checks each table frequently to ensure that excellent service and attention are being accorded each guest. Immediately corrects deficiencies where needed.
- Takes action to resolve complaints concerning food service, beverage preparation and service.
- Inspects dining room and food pickup areas to ensure proper maintenance for appearance, sanitary conditions and safety.
- Speaks to all departing guests with a salutation, calling them by name, if possible.
- Completes special assignments related to the Food & Beverage Department.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Food & Beverage Director that would be necessitated due to the demands of the Club. There are occasions that require an “all hands on deck” schedule and your assistance would be needed.
- Work effectively and constructively with the other members of the F&B team and the staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must present a neat appearance and have a warm, cheerful personality. Tact and good judgment are especially beneficial characteristics. Must know the proper method of setting a table for all occasions. Must be attentive and able to accept responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education And/or Experience
Two years related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Two years bartending experience with intimate knowledge of proper bar etiquette and recipe development.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Date Position Available
Health, Dental, Vision insurance available.
To apply, contact: