Special Club Features
Merion Golf Club is a private golf club in Ardmore, Pennsylvania, established in 1896 and is home to two golf courses. The historic East Course and a family-friendly West Course. Since 1912, Championship golf and champion golfers have long been intertwined with the mystique of Merion Golf Club’s East Course. Both courses were designed by Hugh Wilson; however, Merion’s East Course has played host to more USGA Championships than any course in America and is home to some of its greatest moments. From Robert Tyre Jones, Jr.'s completion of golf’s elusive Grand Slam at the 1930 U.S. Amateur to Ben Hogan’s awe-inspiring performance and now legendary one-iron on the 72nd hole during the 1950 U.S. Open, the sculpted greens, fairways and treacherous bunkers of Merion have shaped the game. In the past decade, serving as the host of the 2013 U.S. Open and the 2022 Curtis Cup, Merion continues to not only challenge the world’s best, but identify them as well.
Merion Golf Club has proudly hosted 19 USGA Championships and is the future site of the 2026 U.S. Amateur, 2030 U.S. Open, 2034 U.S. Women's Open, 2046 U.S. Women's Open, and the 2050 U.S. Open. Today the Club continues to serve its membership in much the same fashion honoring the game and its traditions while hosting its members in the historic Clubhouse.
Although Merion is most well-known for its golf courses and historic Clubhouse, the Club staff takes pride in providing excellence in all aspects of Club operations for Merion’s 1,000-plus member and their guests.
Merion Golf Club is open daily for operation of golf in season (April – November). Club dining is open six days per week year-round, closed Monday with many special events offered seasonally. The Club is open on all holidays in season except for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
Club is open
days per week,
months per year.
Come make an impact each and every day!
Merion Golf Club is hiring for a Kitchen Intern. Team Merion is a diverse, inclusive, and supportive work community. We take pride in our teamwork and are guided by our Core Values of Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Service, and Safety. This position is seasonal. Hours are flexible based on the time of season. The right individual is someone who is mature and has experience working on a strong team (private club work experience is not required but preferred).
Some great Team Merion perks include: employee golfing privileges, complimentary meals, minimal late-nights and golf shop employee discount.
The successful candidate should have:
- Reliability - must have reliable transportation
- Be friendly and outgoing, quick to greet members and guests
- Work well as a member of a strong team and take pride in their work.
- Excellent communication skills with members and staff
- A positive attitude and a passion for learning new things
- A neatly groomed appearance, including clean shaven with no visible tattoos or face piercings
- Weekly hours can be flexible for the right individual.
- Individual will need to be available during both week days, weekends and holidays.
Daily Duties Include
1. Arrive promptly with clean uniform and name tag.
2. Set station within guidelines from chef managers.
3. Prepare stations and party items well before the arrival of guests.
4. Food must be fresh looking and rotated for freshness on a daily basis.
5. Responsible to point out all abnormalities in the prepared foods to chefs.
6. Maintain organization and sanitation at all stations at all times
II. Marginal Functions
1. Constantly look for tasks during slower periods in order to keep busy and occupied.
2. Ask chefs for assistance when your ability to turnout food promptly is inhibited.
3. Always treat fellow employees professionally and be respectful to members.
4. Perform all other tasks and duties assigned by the supervisor.
III. Environmental Demands
1. Work is performed in the Clubhouse kitchen and/or Bungalow.
2. Exposure to extreme heat and bitter cold temperatures.
IV. Intellectual Demands
1. Enrolled in a two or four-year culinary or hospitality program
2. Ability to follow oral and written directions
3. Willingness to learn and adapt to new job tasks
4. Maintain knowledge of standard recipes and proper culinary techniques and procedures.
V. Physical Demands
1. Extended periods of standing and walking for anywhere between 5-13 hours daily.
2. Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs.
3. Constant bending, carrying, reaching, stretching.
Merion Golf Club is private golf club in Ardmore, PA, established in 1896. The club has hosted more USGA championships than any other golf course in America and is home to some of history’s greatest golf moments. Merion’s historic East Course has been recently ranked 6th in the country, and 12th in the world while Merion’s West Course has become one of Philadelphia's premier golf courses and continues to improve every year.