Milwaukee Country Club, a private member owned club formed in 1894, is considered the premier old line country club of Milwaukee. In 1911, the Club moved to its present bucolic setting in on nearly 200 acres in River Hills, Wisconsin. The existing golf course, designed by Harry Colt and Charles Alison, has undergone renovations by Robert Trent Jones in 1974 and most recently by consulting architect Tom Doak to remove trees and open up views of the river from many upland holes. The golf course is consistently ranked by Golf Digest as one of the 100 Greatest Golf Courses in America.
The 18-hole par 72 golf course is a classic tree-lined layout and measures 7,086 yards. The Club hosts approximately 16,000 rounds annually and also features a practice range and short game area. Additional amenities include: thirteen guest rooms, nine asphalt tennis courts, three har tru courts, two platform tennis courts, two croquet courts, an outdoor lap lane swimming pool, pool house, snowshoeing, sledding, cross country skiing, summer camp, and junior programs in golf, tennis and swimming.
The well-appointed stately clubhouse measures 60,000 square feet and features formal and informal dining in various outlets. The Club is open year round with the exception of March.